Sound Broadcasting Services
Radio broadcasting services include the following:
- Institutional FM Radio Station - (Campus Radio)
- Community FM Radio Station
- Experimental Radio Station
- Commercial FM Radio Station
- Coverage Area: 45Km, and 25Km
- AM Radio Broadcasting
- Satellite Radio Broadcasting Services
Application ProcedureThe process of applying for a radio broadcasting authorization are listed below:
must obtain, complete and submit the relevant application forms
together with relevant documents as enumerated in the Guidelines for
Application of Broadcasting Authorization and the appropriate
- The National Communications Authority will acknowledge in writing, receipt of the application.
- The National Communications Authority will evaluate the application and respond to the applicant in due course.
- NCA Guidelines for Commercial Radio Broadcasting
- NCA Guidelines for Community Radio Broadcasting
- NCA Guidelines for Campus Radio Broadcasting
- NCA Guidelines for Submission of Feasibility Report for Broadcasting Projects
Application FeeAll applications should be accompanied with a copy of the receipt of payment of the appropriate application fee as outlined in the Schedule of Fees.
- All payments to NCA should be made through Bankers Draft payable to the National Communications Authority.
- The Application Fee is non-refundable
- The Ghana Cedi equivalent of the fees on the day of payment is accepted.